CIEE Summer Spanish Language Program in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Get fluent fast with CIEE’s Summer Intensive Spanish Language program in Buenos Aires. Activities throughout this modern metropolis and a homestay with a local family will get you speaking and interacting with Argentines. Plus, you’ll participate in student clubs and interest groups, volunteer in libraries or community centers, and travel throughout Argentina to get a better understanding of this colorful society. There’s no better way to improve your Spanish while having the time of your life!.
Study abroad in Buenos Aires and you will:
- Get the perfect level of Spanish language instruction for your abilities and needs
- Experience the unique Spanish dialects of the Rio de la Plata region
- Learn outside the classroom on CIEE class-based and extracurricular trips to cultural destinations, including a special overnight educational language trip to Uruguay
- Visit museums, festivals, and soccer matches
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
TCU Approved Programs
Credit returns as TCU credit that applies towards the TCU GPA and counts towards a student’s major, minor, core, or elective credit hours. As part of their application, students must have their courses pre-approved on the TCU Credit Approval Form.
Students can typically find classes to satisfy major and minor elective credits; general electives; upper-division hours; and much of the TCU Core Curriculum, including FAR, HUM, SSC, HT, LT and RT. Semester students can also earn CA. It is harder to satisfy specific equivalencies for the major or minor and difficult to find NSC, MTH, OCO, and WCO. Students cannot receive CSV, GA, and WEM on these programs.
While abroad, students remain currently-enrolled, degree seeking students at TCU. Semester students enroll full-time in 12 – 18 credits. Summer students typically enroll in 3 or 6 credit hours.
TCU bills tuition and program fees for all TCU-Approved Programs to the TCU Student Account. However, students may need to pay CIEE, IES, or SIT directly for other incidental charges such as housing deposits, confirmation fees, textbooks or optional field trips.
- Non-Refundable Enrollment Fee: Variable. Paid directly to CIEE, IES, or SIT to reserve your space in the program.
- TCU Tuition: Semester students pay TCU block tuition. Summer students pay TCU tuition per credit hour. For current tuition rates, visit Costs & Refunds.
- Program Fee: Includes CIEE, IES, or SIT housing and insurance fees. It may or may not include meals or other items. Consult the program-specific on the CIEE, IES, or SIT website for program fee breakdowns and exact fees.
- Additional Expenses: For airfare, visa fees, meals, books, personal spending money and other outside expenses not included in the program fee. Individual budgets are highly variable.
How to Apply
- Good academic and disciplinary standing at TCU
- Minimum 2.8 GPA for semester programs, although some programs require higher GPAs
- At least two semesters at TCU by the start of the program
- Any additional requirements listed on the CIEE, IES, or SIT websites
- Click the "Complete Forms" button above to begin your Global TCU application. To continue working on an existing application, log onto www.global.tcu.edu and select the program from the homepage.
- Complete the Program-Specific Application found on the CIEE, IES or SIT website.
- Submit the Credit Approval Form to Reed 214. You can find the form on our How to Apply page.